Thursday, November 15, 2012

The little things

It's hard to share the mundane parts of life. I think "certainly no one wants to read about that." But this perspective has forced me to look at everyday life and what I value in my day.

Can the brisk early morning runs, the mid-afternoon coffee breaks, and the nights spent at home be more celebrated?

Yes. 

My resolution is to talk more about the little things.

Some little things that have happened lately:

I signed up for my first half marathon.
I had small successes with a company website. (Microsoft is the worst)
Grace in the moments where I feel defeated.
Chimes Ginger Chews to snack on.
Chats with a quiet co-worker on the walk to the Bart station.
Familiarity of new friends.
Showing up to an event wearing the same adorable polka dot popover as my friend.
Glimpses of beauty outside my office window.
Quiet rooftop moments. 



A Hip Hooray for those little things that have helped me be more present.

No comments:

Post a Comment